Since I enjoyed doing my last blog on my CAD/CAM uni project, I've decided to create another one showing my experience of making an iTingle. A "mechatronic automatron" - the kind of thing that used to be seen in the penny arcades (although mine will be a bit more high tech). I've already made the circuit board that will control it so I can't have any photo of the making process but if you look at my "PCB" page there is a lot of information on there to explain it in more detail.
I'm really enjoying this module so far, which surprises me a great deal as it was the one I was dreading most. I don't remember doing any electronics at school - my D&T lessons comprised of some MDF and a sander, the odd baked cake and an occasional bit of sewing - thrilling stuff! I think the fact that we've got Tony, our fantastic tutor, makes a big difference. He's so enthusiastic about the project, he makes me want to learn more. If I turn out to be half as good at teaching as he is, I will be a very happy lady.
I've not done a great deal on my model as I have been working on the PCB and deciding on the scale and what mechanisms to use. I have, however, managed to scrounge some nice looking oak and other bits & bobs from the cellar today. All being well I'll be cracking on with that on Friday, as I am in uni all day tomorrow. I'm looking forward to making the model, I think I've got a good idea and the patience to achieve a good finish. Well, think I'm going to upload a couple more pages then hit the sack....
Welcome to my blog. My name's Kate, I'm a 30 year old mother of two and currently studying a 2yr BSc in Design and Technology Education at Sheffield Hallam University. This is my second uni project blog and it shows the design process and manufacture of my Systems and Control project. You'll find out what this project involves by looking at my Design Brief page. Please feel free to look around - constructive criticism is most welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment