Monday, 13 February 2012

Long Day

I'm totally bushwhacked right now. Can't believe how fast the day has gone. I must admit I'm finding it quite therapeutic (when I'm not racking my brain trying to think how bits are going to fasten together!). I love the fact that I'm able to work on my own in peace. However, I am missing my uni mates though, we all seem to gel together and help each other out when we're in the workshop together. 


I've really cracked on with my casing today but had a few little set backs - I fitted the lock on the front too high so when you opened it, the lock didn't have enough clearance to open. I couldn't believe I made such a daft mistake! I'd already cut out the key hole so I couldn't move it so I ended up lifting up the bar it fastens onto and adding a little bit of beading to cover the gap. I also managed to snap the band-saw blade too! I had to have a break from wood work after all that; I made a few more little models - a teapot, a cup, some bread & cheese and a bread board. That seemed to refresh and clear my head a bit so I got on with the casing again. I left the cellar about an hour ago and had supper so I'm going to hit the sack now. Nighty night

No comments:

Post a Comment